Thursday, November 06, 2008

Getting back into the groove!

It has taken me a while to get back into the swing of daily life. As soon as I got back, I ended up sick! I had taken a few days off before having to return to work and ended up needing those days to get better. I need longer than what I had but I am finally feeling better. I had a hard time getting back on my night shift schedule and felt like I might have had jet lag all week!! I had a hard time staying awake at work and then falling asleep in my car before pulling out of the parking lot. Last week was much easier and I felt like I did before I left for vacation.

Phoebe

I have an update on Phoebe. I had posted a little on what happened before I left for my trip. Just two days after I picked her up from the vets, she ended up dislocating her hip again. The vet gave me two options to either do another closed reduction or to do surgery. He told me he would be unable to do a total hip replacement since Phoebe is a small dog and didn't have enough bone to work with. He suggested FHO - Femoral Head Ostectomy. I have taken care of hip pts before and know that when a hip dislocates, it is easier for it to happen again. I opted to have the FHO surgery. The vet told me that small dogs do good with this surgery and normally recover in a week. After he performed the surgery, he called me to let me know how it went. It turned out that Phoebe had actually broken the ball of her hip and this was the surgery she needed. I felt better that I made the right choice!! Other than that, she was doing good. I wouldn't be able to take her home for a few days. I have had to do Physical Therapy to her leg and she hates it! I don't blame her for not liking it. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the surgery and she is doing much better! I am looking forward to seeing what the vet thinks of her recovery. I hope he doesn't have to sedate her but we have had to every time so far.


Here she is holding her leg up. She is finally using her leg a little more but still favors that leg.
Phoebe

I can tell from this pic that some of her hair has grown back. She still has a way to go!
Phoebe

I hope to start updating my blog more often. I never meant to be such a blog slacker but I also don't spend as much time on the computer since I got done with school. I am loving the relaxation and free time I have on my days off though!


Photobucket

1 comment:

janet said...

So glad to hear that Phoebe is doing well. Her poor little hip. Love the pic of her looking up at the camera. Hope she is 100% soon! Have a good rest of the week!