Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Car issues . . . .

I have had my car for about 9 years. It has actually been the best car I have owned compared to all the repairs I have had in previous cars. That is one reason I have kept it for so long. The second, I love not having a car payment.

Photobucket

Last week I had gotten off work only to find that my car wouldn't start. When I got in my car to head to work it didn't want to start but finally did. I even said at work that my car was going to die on my soon. I didn't realize it was going to be that morning! I called security to jump start my car only to find out that my battery had a crack in it. He said he could attempt to jump start my car but there was a risk for my battery exploding. So, I opted not to have it jump started. I was going to call my Mom to come pick me up and possibly have my car towed. When I called my Dad answered the phone which I wasn't expecting. It turned out he was off work because it was a holiday. My Dad came and picked me up and we got a new battery and installed it in the parking lot. I was happy that I didn't have to have my car towed. It turned out the battery was 6 years old! It was time for a new one.

I was told about 50,000 miles ago that I should have the timing belt and water pump changed. If the timing belt broke, it could damage the engine. I sure don't want that! It is an expensive repair. So I have finally saved up enough money to get these repairs done. Then I also need to have my muffler checked as it is loud and rattles a little. Next week I am having the big repairs done and then hopefully I will be able to get my muffler checked. It will be a lot quieter driving in my car when I get that fixed!

I have been really tired today as my allergies got crazy last night! I couldn't stop sneezing. I was glad that I woke up to no more sneezing but just have difficulty breathing. I didn't want to get up and do anything today but I had to be at work for a meeting. If it wasn't for that I would have stayed in bed longer! :-)

I have been trying to learn more about the Photography Society of America that I joined. I am currently taking a course to help teach me more about photography. I have taken some non-credit courses and learned lots from them. I just want to reinforce and build on what I have learned. i can't wait to finish my first lesson!

I am actually going to see what organizing I can do in my scrap room till I am ready for bed!

Photobucket

4 comments:

~Ane~ said...

cars are expensive.....
but
have a nice day!

Julie said...

hope you get your car problems fixed and hope it does not cost you an arm and a leg

Unknown said...

amazing how things work out for the best.. glad your dad was off to help you out.. it's always something with cars..

janet said...

Good thing your dad was home...it worked out better!
Have a great week!