Saturday, October 23, 2010

Buzzing around C-street!

Today was Pets & Pumpkins on C-street!  I have been looking forward to this event for a long time.  Last year I had to work and missed it.  The year before I was in Europe.  I was excited that finally it worked into my schedule.  :-)  I just wish the weather would have cooperated better.

Pets & Pumpkins

Pets & Pumpkins

I had to get some sleep since I had worked all night.  I made sure to set 2 alarms so I would get up in time.  My sister, nieces and their dog came too.  It helped that my sister texted me to see if I was up!  It had been raining so things were a little wet.  We got their just in time for the parade.  I didn't know the in's and out's of how everything worked.  They asked me if I wanted to be in the parade but I wanted to find my sister.  I didn't realize I needed a number.  I think that is how you got in the contest.  I missed out on that.  It was still fun seeing all the other dogs and the costumes!  Then it started to rain.  My sisters dog has long hair so he was soaked.  The main festivities were over by then so we walked back to our cars.

Pets & Pumpkins

Pets & Pumpkins

Pets & Pumpkins

Pets & Pumpkins

About 1 1/2 years ago I fell in love with a Boxer named Alice.  She is with the schnauzer/boxer rescue group.  She is the sweetest dog!  I said hi to Alice and she jumped on my lap to get a hug!  When I go to doggie events, I always hope to see Alice!  I have been able to the last few events.  :-)

My hand is looking better but still sore.  The more I use it, the more it hurts.  I have a fluid like spot where I was bit.  I hope it goes away.  I didn't realize how bad cat bites can be!  I have been running temps and having some muscle aches.  That has gotten better now that the antibiotics have kicked in.  I just hope that the antibiotics kill all the icky kitty germs!

I am spending an evening at Barnes & Noble.  They have rearranged everything so I have to look or ask where something is.  I accidentally ran across the photography section and found a book about the Lensbaby.  I have used mine some but this book seems to have good ideas!  It also makes me want some of the attachments.  I might add some of them to my Christmas list!

Photobucket

No comments: