Sunday, November 07, 2010

Scrappy Fun!

I am sad that my vacation from work is about over.  Only 2 days left.  :-(  I didn't do everything I was planning because the weather has turned cooler.  We have been getting in the 30's at night!  Yikes!  I really dislike winter.

Saturday was my LSS's 6th b-day celebration.  It was a great time as it always is at my LSS.  :-)   They were opening at 9am which is quite early in my book!  The first 350 people got a number as you walked in the door which got you a tote bag.  The first 200 got more free stuff and then the next 150 got a little less.  I wasn't feeling very good when I woke up so I was being a little sluggish getting ready.  My plan was to be their around 0830.  I ended up showing up at 0905 and was number 203.  I was just glad that I was one of the first 350 people!  :-)

Then I walked into the store and you could hardly move!  I saw my friends car parked outside so I was trying to locate her.  All the LSS regulars that I am used to seeing were their.  One told me where i needed to go to get my Fiskateers goodies.  Then I stood in line for the make-n-take with the fiskateer ladies.  The make-n-take book was cute and used the unibind system.  I would love to have the unibind system.  My friend had done some shopping and was in line.  I went to go talk to her for a bit and then I went back outside where it was calmer!  Since they handed out numbers, I was able to come back and shop later.  I ended up storing my number in my bra!  I about lost it with it being in my pocket.  It was in a safe place then!

Photobucket

Afterwards, I ran back home real quick.  I realized I had forgotten to put my watch on and it was bugging me.  Then I went to a friends house as a bunch of us was meeting up to scrapbook the day away!  Their was 7 of us all together.  I was the only one who got into a class at the LSS for that day.  I tried to get into the class when they first opened up registration.  Working nights, by the time I woke up and realized registration was open, it was to late.  I was added to a waiting list.  I was surprised that they called me in October for a spot in the class!  I originally turned it down as my friends were all going to an all day scrap event and I signed up too.  It got cancelled so I was lucky that I got a spot!

The store was much calmer when I went back.  I did a little shopping and then went to my class.  I got some fun goodies in my tote bag!  Then after my class, I went back to my friends house and scrapbooked a little longer.  We ended up wrapping the night up around 8pm.   We have talked about getting together more often and scrapping.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I meet all the ladies I scrapped with at an all day crop.  I went to the crop by myself and I was seated with these ladies.  It turned out we work for the same hospital.  One of the girls, I kept running into at various scrapbooking & photography events.  I have gained more friends since I started scrapbooking!  I just love it.

Photobucket

No comments: