Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rockin' B-day!!

Yesterday was my birthday and I ended up having a great time!!! The day was quite rainy though. I woke up to t-storms and down pours of rain. This went on all day till about 4 pm. Then it was cloudy. I have added a pic below of Phoebe and her bling bling collar! She is getting soo big! She was 4 lbs and 10 oz last Wednesday!

Phoebe


My plan was to wake up somewhat early and fix the flat on my bicycle and go riding. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to do that. I thought I would do it today but I was to tired this morning. Maybe this evening when it cools off.


On my birthday I normally go see a movie. I am out of sync of what movies are out and didn't really recognize the titles. I searched on the internet and decided to go to the $2.50 movie theater. I got soaking wet by running in and I got there when the movie was about to start. I forgot that they didn't take debit cards, only cash. The lady told me that they have and ATM but it would charge me $2 to get money out. I opted to leave and not see the movie and once again I was running in the rain getting soaking wet!! I wanted to tell the lady it was my birthday and I was soaking wet. She could see that I was soaking wet . . . . but I left.

More flooding . . .


Then I went and got my free movie from Hollywood Video for my birthday and got Juno. I need to watch it. Then I just did a few things that I needed to do and then it was about time for me to go pick up Phoebe's pics from the photographer from the pet night!! Her pics are super cute!!!

By then it had finally stopped raining and I was driving home and the road was blocked. I thought I would go another way but it was flooded from all the rain. I finally was able to get through the other way and get home. I was shocked to see the creek in the park was overflowing and the park was flooded!! I bet that is why the road had been blocked from all the water going over the road from the creek. It must have went down since it had stopped raining. I did take a few pics of all the flooding!

More flooding . . .


Then later my sister, nieces and I went to Branson Landing to see a concert, Starship!!!! I remember them from the '80's and was excited to see them perform!!!

Starship

I kept wanting to hear "We Built this City" and just kept listening and listening for it! Then when the show was about to be over, they played a song and then said goodbye and was off the stage!!! They have to play that song!!! Then the announcer was saying, "Do you want more??" and the crowd was yelling YES!!!! Then after a while of that, they came back out and said that there was one song that they meant to play and it was that song!!!! I was excited!!!!! It was a great ending to the concert!! There was a small fireworks show afterwards! The concert was the best part of my birthday and I was so glad that the rain stopped so the concert could go on!!

Here are a few more pics of Starship:

Starship

Starship

Starship


Photobucket

No comments: