Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lazy weekend . . .

I was looking forward to my 4 days off and I really haven't accomplished much!!! Thursday I did sleep most of the day. I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open. I did get up at a decent hour on Friday and got some errands and a little shopping done. I couldn't stay awake that evening and fell asleep around 2030 in my clothes and my contacts. I woke up at 0200 and got ready for bed. I did let Phoebe play for a couple of hours before heading back to bed.

Then Saturday, I woke up around 0930 and took care of my furbabies and actually got dressed to go mow the yard. I was feeling quite sleepy so I decided to take a little nap. I should know that my naps don't turn into little naps!!! When I woke up, it was to late to mow the yard and get done the things I needed to. So, I thought I would mow the yard on Sunday.

I woke up this morning and my nose was running and I couldn't stop sneezing. Great!! My allergies are acting up. I took some Claritin and tried to get some sleep. I finally just got up as the sneezing was keeping me from sleeping. I finally took a Benadryl and that helped. I took a shower and I just had to lay down! My allergies always make me more tired and then adding my night shift sleep schedule. It just wears me out!! I ended up sleeping till about 1700 and finally got up and dressed.

I am currently at the Mudhouse just relaxing. I will be heading home soon as my furbabies will want my attention. Phoebe is slowly getting potty trained. I just wish that dogs were as easy as cats are. I have a puppy pad in my closet in my extra bedroom and she has figured out that after she gets out of her crate, that is where she is to go. She will run down the hall!! But if she is playing for a while she doesn't run to the puppy pad, she just goes where ever she is. That is where I need to work with her!!! I did get her signed up for intermediate training at Petsmart. I am looking forward to getting started with that next month.

I have been trying to get my Europe trip planned and I am a bit frustrated about that. My original plan was to spend one week in Paris and one week in London. It was getting to expensive. I moved my trip from August to October to help with the cost. Then my travel agent told me that I could decide how many days I wanted to go. I sent her an email in regards to going only 5 days in Paris and London. She gave me a price and it wasn't that much cheaper as I was hoping. Then she could only get the company to do 3 days Paris and 5 days in London. I really just want to see the Eiffel Tower and ride the London Eye. She said for me to call her and she would explain some of this better to me. I am going to call tomorrow and hopefully have a better insight on what I might do. I might just go ahead and do an 8 day trip. I just know I need to hurry up and decided as October will be here before I know it!!!

I am not looking forward to work tomorrow. I have to work with the nurse that I have take a non-liking for. I even had a fellow nurse call me to tell me that she was talking about me and what she said. It just proves my point she can't be trusted. She told me that she did leave out the part that she kept going into my patients rooms telling them that she was there and if they needed anything, let her know. It makes for a long night when I have to work with her anymore. I don't trust her as she always turns things around to make her look good. She is still trying to kiss my behind though which makes it hard to mind my own business!!

S & J

I have been having a little fun playing with the photoshop actions I downloaded a couple of weeks ago. I am loving this one pic of my nieces I took the beginning of August. I keep adding different actions to it and printing it. I might work more on that tonight or I might actually scrap!! I really need to get my pics more organized so I can find them more easily. I am learning some of the tricks of Adobe Bridge. I am excited that I ordered Adobe Lightroom 2.0! I should be getting that this week. I was able to get this at a student rate since my activation is less than a year old.

S & J

S & J

I am starting to sneeze again so I think I will head home. I will add the pics I have been playing with today!

Photobucket

No comments: