Sunday, February 07, 2010

Camera Club fun!

I have had a fun day even with little sleep! I finally did fall back asleep about 0800 and slept till noon. I kept hitting snooze till about 1300. I needed to get up if I was going to meet up with the camera club! I ended up finishing my scarf last night and starting on my third pomp-a-doodle scarf! I might be able to meet my goal for V-day! :-)

The camera club meet up at a garden to take pictures. I was thinking we would be outside a lot but actually we were inside the greenhouses. It was a little warm and humid. It was a nice change from being outside but I was getting a little hot! I took about 200 pictures. I did take a few with my Lensbaby. I am still trying to figure it out but it was fun to play around with it today. I need to start just going out and taking pictures more often like this. It was a fun afternoon activity!

Here are a couple of Lensbaby photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few more pictures with a regular lens:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also found out today that the president of the camera club knows my Dad! They work together and have went on float trips together. It is a small world! I enjoy getting to know more of the members of the camera club and have enjoyed it so far. It has been almost a year since I went to my first meeting. I am planning to join the competitions this year. I am curious what the judges will say about my photos. I need to get my first photo printed! I have been printing some of my photos and putting them in frames. I am unsure where to hang them but I will have to find a spot!

I hope to be able to do more field trips with the camera club. It helps encourage me to take pictures something I haven't been doing enough of.

After I got done with the camera club, I went to the superbowl sale at the LSS! I bought too much paper but I tried to buy papers that coordinate together for a LO. I need to sort the paper and have sketches in mind for them. :-) I will have something else to do tonight if I can't sleep!

I am chilling at the Mudhouse. I finally took time to change the look of my blog. I have been wanting to do that for a long time! This background and header gives a more spring look! I am ready for Spring!

Photobucket

1 comment:

janet said...

Love the pictures Jana!!! Great job!