Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My second knitting project!

I have been enjoying knitting! I still have lots to learn though! I can't wait to learn more. :-)

Pomp-a-Doodle Yarn

I had found Pomp-a-Doddle yarn and got me a skein. I have been lurking a couple of knitting websites and someone posted a video on how to knit with it. I have made a scarf for my second project and it is soft! Here is the video I found:



I have a hard time getting Phoebe to leave this yarn alone. She tends to like her soft, plush dog toys. I can see her liking a small doggie blanket out of this yarn! Here she is in action playing with my yarn!

Pomp-a-Doodle Yarn

I casted on 12 stitches and it seemed to be fast knitting with the yarn. I had this done in a few days and could get it done in a day if I could just work on it through out the day. Here is my finished project:

Pomp-a-Doodle Scarf

The mannequin I bought for my photography is going to serve a second purpose! I have found a pattern for this yarn to make a hat. That might be a little more advanced for me at the moment. I love this scarf so much that I bought me more in different colors!

Pomp-a-Doodle Yarn

I might make these as Valentines gifts for family! I need to get busy knitting! :-)

Photobucket

1 comment:

janet said...

Great job knitting, Jana!! Love the manaquin wearing your scarf!!