Sunday, September 24, 2006

Loft walk weekend!


Today was the loft walk on commercial street. I always love going to the loft walks and seeing all the awesome decor! There is normally one two weeks from today so I hope to be able to make it to that one too. I haven't been able to find any information regarding it though. I had wished today that I had remembered my camera as there are tons of awesome objects down commercial street as it is part of the historic district! I might have to walk down commercial street again someday.

I am sitting in the Mudhouse getting ready to write a theme essay. I just need to get my theme statement figured out and then get the first paragraph wrote. If I can get that done, I won't have any problems finishing it. I am begining to think that I was taught English in a different way than my instructor is teaching us. I am sure it is just the fact that I haven't had to remember these rules in such a long time! I am glad that I am taking this class now so I can hopefully write better papers in future classes.

Yesterday I had some family in from Seattle, WA and Kansas City, MO. It was a nice visit - though short. I finally got to see my grandma's new apartment and I think it is nice and cozy! I didn't walk around the apartment but the living room is a good size which I always like!

My sister and I went to the Fair Grove craft festival. It was fun and lots of crafts! I never bring that much money so I won't be tempted. My sister and I each got us a bamboo plant. I have had one in the past but it didn't survive for some reason. I can't remember the details now but I hope that this one does better! I just hope that the cats don't bother it to much but I did find out it is non-toxic so if they do they should be okay!

I had better get back to thinking of a theme statement and writing my essay! :-)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh a craft festival sounds fun :) good luck on your essay