Saturday, January 05, 2008

Goals for the New Year


I have been working on some goals for the last couple of months. Since it is the beginning of the year, I thought I would post my goals so I can look back on them.


1. Get back into shape. I have already but this plan into action by joining the wellness program at work. One problem I have found with the wellness program is that you have to pay to do any of the activities that will help motivate me. I scheduled an appointment with a wellness counselor so I can hopefully get more out of the program.


2. Improve my nutrition. I have been working on this for the last couple of months with trying to bring my own meals to work. Or if time gets away from me, I bring tuna and have a salad for dinner.


3. Get more organized. Since going back to school, my organization skills has been slacking. I want to work on getting back into these good habits I used to have. I would like to get my important papers filed in a place that I can find them and to get my house a little more organized.


4. Balance my checkbook on a regular basis. Two years ago, I stopped balancing my checkbook as I just got busy with work and school. I really want to get back into having a budget. I actually started this process in November and learning on how to download transactions into Quicken to make this task easier.


These are at least 4 things that I have been wanting to improve on. One major goal is graduating with my BSN in May!! I plan to be done with school FOREVER after this. I also want to pursue photography and have found me a class that is a continuing education that I might start taking in March.

No comments: