Thursday, November 03, 2005

Maybe a normal day . . . .


I actually woke up at 10 a.m. this morning after sleeping all night! I just find that amazing since I accidentally slept through my alarm Tuesday and woke up late in the afternoon! Maybe I can get on a somewhat normal schedule while I am on vacation. :-)

Last night I loaded the Sims 2 nightlife onto my computer. My Sims can date now and even have a meter to let you know how the date is going. I haven't learned all the ins and outs of the nightlife version yet. Not even sure I learned everything you can do in the University expansion pack yet!

Well, I have tried my luck at some home repairs and I have failed! Ever since I moved into my house, I never installed my shower head that I have. I went to Lowe's last night and bought me some teflon tape so I can do this myself. How hard could this be? Well, I can't get the old shower head off! I have used all my power and it won't come loose. If the shower head has been there since 1953 when my house was built, it might be there forever! A couple of months ago I was sick and tired of the slow leak from my sink in the bathroom so I tried to tighten it (with my bare hands) and it won't turn on at all now. I thought I could fix this with some pliers to open it back up - no such luck. It just spins in a circle! I compared it to the cold water side and I do believe I need a new seat in my faucet. What a bummer! I need to hang up a new smoke detector to and I think I can handle that since I don't have to mess with any wires. I started that this morning and figured out I am going to have to drill a new hole in the ceiling. It would be nice to have a handy man around the house but I haven't found me one good enough to keep! :-)

I was looking around on the internet last night at travel blogs. I love reading about peoples adventures and hope to someday have an adventure to tell! I have had a few adventures but I want more! My two adventures I really enjoyed was Hawaii and Mexico. I really would enjoy going back to Hawaii cause I want to go to Kaena point and ride my mountain bike or hike it! I need to go on an adventurous vacation next year. I need to start training now so I can run up Diamond Head! :-) Here is a link to a gorgeous picture of Wakiki Beach and Diamond Head. Hopefully someday soon!

No comments: