Saturday, August 25, 2007

Crazy night . . .


Work was nuts last night. I was in charge and we ended up with 7 admits!!! I really hate nights like this and it is getting to be every night! I am getting to enjoy nights that I come into work and we don't have any beds available. At least I won't be spending all the time on the phone talking with admitting.


Being in charge, I still have to take a full load of patients just like everyone else but yet I have to deal with staffing and admitting. I got frustrated with admitting because they called for one patient. No big deal but then in the next 5 minutes they called two more. Then shortly after they called for two at once they called again for a fourth patient! I had to say something at this point but it did me no good! They only care about the bed they are needing for this patient and not concerned on the workload that gets put on use. It is hard to be admitting that many patients and trying to meet all the needs of your other patients. You are running constantly trying to keep everyone happy. I had a patient get mad at me because it took me 10 minutes to get pain medicine to her. I thought with everything going on that was good! :-/


Work keeps getting more and more stressful. Adding all the stress from school along with it hasn't helped. I am in need of a vacation!!! I have two weeks off from work the end of October and the beginning of November. I can't wait! I do have a kinda small break in September but not as big as I would like! I am glad to have a couple days off. I hope to sit down and figure out my classes and get some reading done! I need some sleep first!

No comments: