Monday, November 05, 2007

No good news . . .


I got a phone call from my GI doctor's nurse and she told me that the insurance just won't preauthorize any other medicine for my GERD. She told me everything she included that proved that I needed something different other than the Prevacid. I just hope the insurance will pay for the damage that this is causing my esophagus. Insurance sucks! I have learned that the other hospital has a better Rx plan and I could get the medicine I need but I have had 13.5 years in the hospital I am at. I have had thoughts of going prn and working just enough to get me the Rx plan at the other hospital. Then I would have to change doctors or pay more out of pocket. I guess I have to live with the heartburn but I am tired of it.


But on a better note, I have been working hard on getting this homework done. I got my journal done and submitted last night along with the online exam. I have been working on typing up a summary for an online course I did for the class. I was supposed to get a certificate in the mail but never did. I printed out that I completed everything with the course and it had my name on it. I hope she takes it as that is 4 hours of clinical time! I need to write my intervention paper, presentation and possibly do some extra credit. This class has been too busy for me with my work schedule!


I am going to start getting ready for my day and get this homework done. I am looking forward to having my nieces tomorrow and want to have fun!

No comments: