Friday, November 30, 2007

Back to work . . . .

I have been back to work for a week now and I have been in a coma on my days off!!! My body was so used to sleeping like a normal person that I guess my body is in shock. I can't get enough sleep! Today (I guess yesterday now!) I had my Old Testament class and I wasn't able to sleep the night before. I finally fell asleep about 5 am and woke up around 9 am. I felt tired but I have done this several times before. Well, I couldn't stay awake in class today! I was trying to listen to the teacher and my eyes would close. I was soo ready for class to be over!

The tiredness didn't stop in class. I went to get my allergy shots after class and I always have to wait 20 minutes after I get my shot. I was trying to read a magazine and kept nodding off enough that I couldn't hold my head up and that would wake me up! I woke up once with this one girl in the waiting room watching me and then smiled when I jerked my head back up! I had a couple of stops to make before going home.

I got home and decided to curl up with a blanket on my futon and watch some TV. I woke up about 30 minutes later and decided to go to bed at 5:30 pm. I was hoping to hang out at the Mudhouse last night but thought I get a little nap before going. I ended up waking back up at 11pm! No coffee house relaxation today. :-( Now, I am awake. I do work tonight so that will help me sleep most of the day and hopefully not fight sleep that bad.

Work has been icky busy my first two nights back. My second night back was the worst. I had a patient that was requiring most of my time. I was worn out by morning. Every time I turned around, I had something going on with my patients! We had a nurse that was helping us out which was a big help. Monday night was much better and I was able to leave on time that morning! Tuesday was hectic as we kept getting admits back to back until we didn't have any beds left on our floor. I was still able to get things done!

My hand still is swollen and my finger is still quite sore. Friday night, I had a bandaid on my finger as the steri strips had fallen off. By morning, my incision was wide open!!!!! The bandaid had kept my finger moist but I wanted to keep it covered. So, I went home washed it out good and applied butterfly strips to it. I left this on for three days. Monday night I was back to work and nervous about being at work with my finger being open. Someone asked me how my finger was doing and I have been anxious since it had opened up, how swollen it is and that it was more sore than last week. One nurse told me that I needed a Xanax to calm down about my finger! When I got home Tuesday morning I the butterfly strips off, applied antibiotic cream and left it open while I slept. I woke up with all this extra skin around my incision so I trimmed it off with nail clippers and saw that my incision is really closing up! I was super excited and finally felt like it was going to heal! I had to have a starbucks before going to work to celebrate! :-) My finger is still swollen and sore but my incision is closed up finally! I feel so much better. I can't wait till it is back to normal. I do see my doctor again in 2 weeks.

I have been a bad blogger the last week since going back to work. Hopefully my body will get readjusted to my night schedule and I won't be as tired. Or maybe this is the way I felt before and just have forgotten!

No comments: