Monday, November 19, 2007

Puppy love . . .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

is hard! Especially if the puppy you love is $1299!!! That doesn't include the accessories and vet care. :-( Petland opened in my area and I decided to go check it out. I saw this cute little pug and had to hold him! We bonded right away, he played with my shoe laces and untied my shoes and then fell asleep in my arms! AAAWWW!!! I wanted to take him home but couldn't afford paying that much for a dog! What I thought was odd was they had 12 months, 0% financing. I wasn't going to finance a dog, even though he was a cutie pie! I played with him for about an hour and finally gave him back. I didn't want too though! Just look at those puppy eyes! These pics were taken with my cell phone so the quality isn't very good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am picking my nieces up from school tomorrow and I think they need to experience Petland! :-)

2 comments:

Helping-pets said...

Very cute! Did you know that Petland offers a complete protection plan fro all their dogs? It includes this proactive amber alert called Helpmefindmypet.com, a microchip, a lifetime registry to AKC CAR, and a Training Hotline called Dogstar. If you are new to puppy parent hood this really gets you off on the right foot. I like that they protect all their animals in such a comprehensive way.

hoosier nurse said...

Please, please, please don't buy a dog from Petland. Despite what they say, they DO get their dogs from puppy mills (albeit small backyard breeder ones) and if that cute puppy isn't sold pretty fast, they'll just round it up and have it put to sleep. If your heart is set on a certain breed, please go to rescue or Petfinder and put your name on the waiting list OR, for the same money, you can buy from a reputable breeder (the breed has many reputable local clubs who can steer you to a good one). These dogs will have been genetically tested and temperment has been found ok, and it won't cost a dime more than taking your chance with a dog you get at Petland. I'm kind of an animal freak (does 6 cats and 3 dogs put me over the top?), so I can get pretty preachy about it! It's not like I picket them or anything or throw blood on the customers, I just choose not to buy there.