Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Over the Edge?


I have a pretty full plate right now. I am taking 11 credit hours and working full-time. I hardly have time for anything else. I have a hard time getting my homework done sometimes. I get to work last night and I have been selected to be a superuser for the new computerized e-mar system. Yup, someone wants me to jump over the edge!!! I have to go to three classes with each being about 2-3 hours long. The upside of this is that superusers get a little more training than the regular training other staff receive.


We are all dreading the e-mar system. I remember when we were getting ready to go to computerized charting and we were all scared! I prefer computerized charting now. The downfall of it is there isn't enough computers. That will be a problem when we go to e-mars! We will have to have the computer to pass meds. It will be interesting to see how all this is going to work. I was really hoping that his would all happen after I was done with school!!



This morning after I got off from work I went and studied some of my History. Then I went to the seminary to do some research for my paper in New Testament. I found out that I had less than an hour to do what I needed to do as they close the library for a church thing. I wasn't really understanding that. So, I went and got someone to help me so I can get started on my research!



I was able to find the book I wanted to make copies of. They have a scanning system that will scan your copies into a pdf file and email it to you. It took me a bit to get this done as it was 71 pages. I hit the done button to have it emailed to me and I was waiting and waiting for it to show up on my ipod touch. Nothing. Then the machine printed out a failure notice and the librarian pointed out to me that I used a comma instead of a period in my email. Ohhhh, please don't tell me that I have to do this again!!! He said unfortunately I had to recopy everything again!! I was more careful in typing in my email address and made all those copies again. Then they were getting ready to close but they found the book I needed to check out and I was on my way! I was glad that I got everything done! I should have done that first and then went and studied my History!



Tonight I have been working on writing this paper for American Government and study for the test tomorrow. I went to hang out at Barnes-n-Noble tonight to study. I also learned that that at&t hot spot I can hook up to for free!!! AT&T is my internet provider I have and my uncle told me all I had to do was sign in at any hotspot at no additional charge! So awesome! I just wish my laptop would last longer than 1 to 1 1/2 hours! I was getting my paper written for my class tomorrow and it gave me the warning that my laptop was about to go dead. I was glad that I was able to save everything!


No comments: