Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tornado?


I have had only a few hours of sleep and decide to go ahead and get up to start working on my community assessment project that is due tomorrow! I go feed the cats and then all of a sudden I hear the sirens go off in town. I turned on the T.V. to see what is going on and found out that my county is under a tornado warning. It seems to be more north of the county than I live. What a way to wake up! My whole week has been a whirlwind so far! I bet they have all the patients in the hallway at work and it would be report time too! I am glad I am missing out on that!


Sunday night into Monday morning I was unable to sleep. That didn't surprise me since I slept through my alarm on Sunday and slept most of the day. Right before trying to lay down Monday morning, I was looking at my community assessment guidelines and realized that I didn't have some information from my sites!!!!! I was freaking out a little and emailed my instructor and I also tried to call her office after 8 am to see if I could talk to her. I even called a couple of my other community sites that morning to get the additional information. This Center of Addictions place wasn't very nice when I called. I wasn't able to get info from them and even tried again today and could never an answer at the main number or the number of the person I originally interviewed. When I got off work and out of a meeting for clinical this morning, I went and visited my sites and did my windshield survey. I came home and made a few phones calls to get more information. By this time it was almost 2pm in the afternoon and I had been up since yesterday so I finally took a nap.


I accidently slept through my alarm on Monday and missed my clinical experience but I was glad that it was an opportunity that is an on-going so I was able to reschedule. I am supposed to go back next Monday now!


I went to a community coalition this morning for violence free families. It was interesting seeing all the different communities working together. I didn't realize all the different coummunity organizations and the way they work together. So many commities that go on! I might have to go to some other opportunities like this if I am able. I also got to talk to a couple of classmates that was there too. They had a ton of information in the center about substance abuse I am going to include in my binder.


The sirens have now turned off in town and the warning is over for my county. I think I should be able to concentrate on my community assessment! I am going to be soo glad when I am done! :-)




No comments: