Saturday, October 06, 2007

Who needs a digital signal?


Here it is 3am and I was going to watch Grey's Anatomy only to find out my TV tuner isn't working right. I found the file on my computer to play it and then I don't have a picture but I can here sound! It worked a few days ago.


I call tech support and since I have had my computer less than one year, that means tech support in India! When you have a problem with something the last thing I want is to have some guy I can't understand. He kept telling me it was my video card but it had all the current drivers. Then he said to go to some hardware thing and find my TV tuner to test it. He didn't even know what it was under!!!!! He works in tech support? He told me to look under communications and audio but no TV tuner is listed. He puts me on hold. While I am on hold, I decide to look under video - ahhhh I found the TV tuner and start the test. He gets back on the phone and tells me that I need to do a system restore to get my TV tuner to work again. I told him that I found it and it and I was running the test. Everything passed but the digital TV signal. He tells me that I need to do a system restore to get that to work again. WHAT?!?!?!??! I explained to him I didn't think that was true as the digital signal has to do with my cable company and they have to fix it. I guess if they don't know what is going on the answer is system restore. I am glad that I know some computer stuff as he didn't! He had to put me on hold if I asked a question! CRAZY!!!!


A few days ago, a cable guy came out to my house and messed with my cables outside my house and reprogrammed my box. My cable company upgraded the DVR service and ever since then certain things hadn't been working correctly. I went and checked my other TV in my extra bedroom that is hooked up without a box and same problem with it, no signal!!! I can still get a picture on my TV in the living room. I am glad that I did record Grey's Anatomy on my TV downstairs! Since I record ER also, it always cuts the end of Grey's off and I miss something. I thought that recording Grey's with my TV tuner, I would catch it all!


I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours working on this problem. Now I have to wait for the cable company to fix whatever is causing the problem. I need some sleep! :-)

No comments: