Monday, April 24, 2006

Can't sleep . . . .


I have been trying to post my previous post "Stormy day" for quite some time and it won't post. When I view it in edit post it appears it has posted but it hasn't. Maybe it will later? This may not post! We will see . . . . . .

I can't sleep and it is driving me crazy! I just want to sleep at night! I have been on vacation from work for a week now and haven't been able to sleep at night yet. I have to much to do to sleep during the day today! Maybe that will get me back on track . . . . . . we will see!

Blogger challenge on 2 peas today is "How are you different compare from 10 years ago?"

10 years ago was a long time ago when I think back. In 1996, I was in LPN school and now I am in BSN school. I am still in school so that hasn't changed! I did take a 3 1/2 year break from my RN to BSN. I was living at home in 1996 and I own my own home now. I feel like I have more responsibilites and I am more independent. I am able to travel to more exciting places such as foreign countries. My fun pack then was driving to Tulsa, OK! My travels now normally require an airplane. I worked night shift 10 years ago and I currently work night shift now. I did work 3-11 for 4 1/2 years before going back to night shift. Hmmm . . . . . I am sure there is more but that is all that can come to my mind currently.

I have been frustrated with my compaq laptop (the older one) today. Certain things just hasn't worked right since I got it back from the touchpad mouse being repaired. I had a talk with Circuit City today regarding some of the issues and I have two options. Option #1 is to have them do a diagnostic and have it for two days to see what the problem is. This is covered under my service plan. Option #2 is to do a system restore and only be out for one day. I have a feeling that the system restore is my best bet as I keep getting error messages and it freezes up on me. I am to bring my CD's in today as when we were talking about it he seems to think that I might be using the wrong CD so I would rather restore it right the first time! That means I am loading all my programs again. I am going to be a pro at this! My main reason for doing this is I can't get my flash drive, wireless card, web cam, wireless mouse to be recognized by just installing the software. I have to go to the control panel and find the device with a yellow question mark and then click find drivers and it might work. It has worked with everything but my jumpdrive with the info I need! I got the idea today to install quicken to my desktop to see if it would work there even though it is super slow and runs Windows 98 but I had the same problem with my jumpdrive being recognized. The things that make you go hmmmmm . . . . . . .

I need to get up in 4 hours so I better go try this sleep thing again. Hopefully it works this time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you on the more responsibilities, is there a return for those? hope you got some sleep...

Anonymous said...

Hope you got some sleep in but I can understand with your nursing schedule it must take a bit of time adjustment and then to go back, you will need another time adjustment! Good luck with the computer woes too, hope it all works out.

Bonita Rose said...

hope u had a restful sleep!! hugs,