Saturday, March 31, 2007

Crazy night and b-day party!!


Last night around 1am, I was still up trying to figure out Windows Vista and where things are and such. I decided to load the Sims2 on since I had an upgrade in the video card that supports the sims installed. The CD door wouldn't open when I pushed the button. I restarted the computer, nothing. I can't load my software! Since I have a service plan, I called the 24 hours Circuit City line. That guy was no help at all! He said even though I have a service plan, my computer is under warranty still with HP. I was trying to tell him that I don't see the DVD drive listed under computers. I thought he could help me get the computer to recognize it. He said that I needed to call HP as it was being recognized.


I call HP tech support and I am in India talking to a guy with an accent. I tell him what is going on and he tells me that it isn't being recognized by the computer. Finally! He stepped me thorough some things and it didn't work. He had me take the side panel off the tower and come to find out that the DVD drive wasn't even hooked-up! He stepped me through on how to reconnect and then it worked fine! Then under computers, it showed a DVD drive! I ended up staying up till 3am getting this squared away and I am tired today!


Today is my youngest niece's birthday party. We are going to firehouse pottery to paint! I am excited about the gift I got her cause I know she is going to love it! I got her a bratz doll that has magic hair that you can crimp, curl, glitter, color and some other things I can't remember! I need to remember my camera!


Tonight at work is going to be interesting since I haven't had that much sleep. I hope that I will be able to get a little nap in after the birthday party today.


No comments: